The Grierson Award winning and BAFTA nominated factual entertainment thriller, Celebrity Hunted, will return to Channel 4 this year for a brand-new fifth series as ten more famous faces go on the run as fugitives, hoping to evade capture by the Hunters.
The celebrity fugitives taking part in the series for Stand Up To Cancer are confirmed as:
• Comedians and hosts of the Off Menu Podcast, Ed Gamble and James Acaster
• Strictly Come Dancing star Katya Jones and best friend, TV presenter and former Olympic snowboarder Aimee Fuller
• Life-change experts Nik and Eva Speakman
• Social media and Strictly Come Dancing star Saffron Barker and TV Mathematician Bobby Seagull
• Broadcaster and Coronation Street actress Nicola Thorp and boyfriend, and Starstruck actor, Nikesh Patel
The ten celebrities will attempt to stay off the radar and remain at large for two weeks as a new crack team of hunters try and hunt them down. With former police officers, intelligence, and army personnel hot on their tail and faces recognisable across the UK, will they be able to remain undetected?
The celebrities will be taking part for Stand Up To Cancer, the joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4.
Ian Dunkley, Commissioning Editor for Factual Entertainment at Channel 4 said,
“We are delighted to be bringing back one of the most thrilling nationwide chase games with an esteemed group of celebrities supporting the amazing efforts of Stand Up To Cancer.”
Tom Hutchings, Executive Producer for Shine TV added,
“Get ready for the adventures of our best set of celebrity fugitives ever as we release them, for the first time, in epic prison break-out style! Expect the unexpected as our fugitives enlist the help of their celebrity friends, hide out in the most daring locations and get chased around the UK by the Hunters, headed up by Chief Lisa Theaker.”
Celebrity Hunted for Stand Up to Cancer will air at the end of March.